RMS Phase-1 Reopen – Oct 15th, 2020
(Private Lessons Only)
In consideration of the COVID-19 situation and its recent development, RMS will be reopening on a multi-phases approach. The School is scheduled to commence Phase 1 Reopening on October 15 for private lessons only. In-person group lessons will be offered in Phase 2 at a later date.
In addition to online music lessons, Registrations for in-person private lessons are now open. Please contact our office at email@example.com to schedule your lessons! We are excited to welcome our students back.
Please note that all students, staff, teachers, and parents must follow the protocol and policies set by RMS for COVID-19 prevention. More information will be announced closer to the reopening date.
Online Music Lessons Still Continue
For those who are interested in group lessons and/or private lessons online, virtual music classes and programs are still being offered:
- Private lessons – piano, accordion, violin, cello, guitar, ukulele, flute, voice, and music theory (including review of written submissions for diploma exams)
- Group lessons – voice, guitar ensemble, violin outreach, music theory, music appreciation
NEW LESSONS: Join us for our new Virtual Vocal Boot Camp – taught by professional Soprano Ms. Hilda Lam. This program has 3 levels, each level is 12 weeks in duration. Students will receive a certificate upon completing each level, and will be featured in a graduation video upon completing all 3 levels!
For more details on the classes and registration, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Concert in Progress!
After our successful first RMS Virtual Gala Concert in August 2020, we are thrilled to start preparing for our next Concert for Christmas. Our second virtual concert will be premiered on our RMS YouTube Channel. Stay tuned for more details.
ABRSM Exam – Updates (Theory)
ABRSM will resume theory exams in 2021. Grades 1-5 exams will be conducted online, whereas Grade 6-8 theory exams will remain paper-based. Registration dates and exam dates will be released soon.
More information can be found on https://ca.abrsm.org/en/latestupdates/
Volunteer with Us
As a registered charity, we rely on the support of volunteers to carry out our mission and give back to the community. We are currently looking for:
- Video Editor for online concerts – To edit students’ video submissions for virtual concerts
- Assistant Grant Writer – To help with writing grant applications and researching for more grant opportunities
- Re-opening security and safety ambassadors – To implement and regulate the COVID-19 prevention protocol at RMS campus and provide inventory management over PPE supplies in our studios
- Board of Directors – The RMS Board oversees the operation of the school and is responsible for its policies and directions. We are currently looking for a Secretary (2-year term) and a few General Board Members (1-year term)
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please contact us at email@example.com.
Give the Gift of Music Donate Now Through CanadaHelps.org!
Every donation could make a direct impact on the initiatives we are able to do. Please consider supporting us by making a tax-deductible donation. Charity #: 107895088RR0001