September 12, 2021 (updated)
As we head into the 2021-2022 school year, the Richmond Music School (RMS) continues to maintain COVID-19 safety protocols to help protect the health and safety of students, faculty, parents, and staff.
There are two recent Provincial health orders regarding Masks and Vaccinations. RMS is fully supportive of these orders and will follow the health orders strictly.
Vaccination Policy- Group Classes and Ensembles
In accordance with the health orders, indoor recreational activities under 50 people will not be required to show vaccine proof and as stated on the BC government website, no vaccine proof is required for "before and after school programs for K to 12 students".
At this time, RMS will not be requesting students to show vaccine proof but will continue to enforce our covid-19 safety protocols in all our group lessons.
Proof of vaccination will not be required for private lessons. It is also not required to enter or exit to drop off or pick up your child.
For further information about proof of vaccination: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
COVID-19 PREVENTION PROTOCOLS:
1 ) Mask Policy - All individuals entering a music studio/classroom MUST WEAR a mask.
No Mask = No Lesson, No Teaching.
2) Parents are encouraged to drop off and pick up students at the main entrance. Do not enter the building unless you need to. One parent is allowed entry into the music studio/classroom at a time during private lessons. Parents with young students under 10 years old should ONLY drop off and pick up at the studio's entrance. Parents with students who are above 10 years old are encouraged to wait outside the building.
3) Prior to entering the studios, Students must wash their hands in the student washroom. Upon entering the studio, students should also use the hand sanitizer provided in the room.
4) All individuals entering the studios must fill in the log sheet with the date, and time of the lesson, name of the student, and health declaration checked, and initial/signature.
5) Students and teachers should try to maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
6) After the lesson is finished, please use hand sanitizer to disinfect your hands, and make sure you gather all your belongings, including garbage (tissues, mask, wipes) and throw them away in the big garbage bin near the main entrance of the Richmond Alliance Church.
7) All piano keyboards are cleaned and disinfected before the lesson and after with hydrogen peroxide by the teacher.
8) Please note RMS office is NOT opened to the public. Only RMS staff and designated volunteers are allowed in the office. Parents, students, and faculty members who require assistance or service from the office staff, please remain outside the entrance, the office staff will attend to your requests as soon as possible.