1. First Concert of the Year “The Ensemble Concert”
We Play Together featuring piano, violin, cello, guitar voice, saxophone, percussion
On November 19, 2016 @ 7:30 PM at Richmond Music School.
2. Winter Wonderland Concert
3. Christmas Concert
On December 10 and December 17, 2016 @ 2:00-6:00 PM at Richmond Music School.
(for beginners only)
FIRST 10 lessons for $100, ½ hour weekly private lessons with apprentice teachers, all of whom have professional piano degrees.
Student must have daily access to a piano. Special Fee non-refundable. $45 membership fee applies.
After the first 10 Lessons, the student can continue on with Apprentice Teachers for up to two years. Fee $13 per half hour with an Apprentice Teacher.
Music all year long at Richmond Music School
*Private lessons in piano, strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion
*Students prepared for ARCT, LRSM, diplomas and more
*Over 300 Concerts in the Community
NEW For Beginners in Guitar
$50 special for 5 private half hour lessons to try it out.
Violin Outreach Program for Children.
The violins are loaned free to the students while they are in the program.
Suzuki violin for children
Free Children’s Orchestra for 8-12 year old string players.
Children’s Choir and
Theory classes at all levels.
Did You Know… The Richmond Music School is the largest and oldest non-profit music school in Richmond, dedicated to high standards in teaching music in both private and class settings. It enjoys a leadership position throughout Greater Vancouver for its many student performances and innovative programs. Vigorous, innovative and expanding, the School has come a long way from its beginnings in 1980, teaching Suzuki and Orff classes. Last year the School’s faculty of 24 internationally-trained teachers, 8 junior teachers and 8 student apprentice teachers taught lessons and classes to a student body of over 350. Enrichment and unique opportunities include:
- student recitals and an awards competition
- The Children’s Chorus and the Youth Chorus
- an Ensemble concert featuring strings and multiple piano performances
- a Concerto Concert featuring student soloists performing with a professional orchestra
- a Meet the Stars Concert for award winning students
- a children’s Christmas Concert & Party with performances by the School’s youngest students
- an Open House with 200-plus students and faculty members performing in multiple recitals
- mock-examinations and master classes
- below-cost group violin classes
- low cost piano lessons for beginners
- Children’s Orchestra and Youth Orchestra
- Suzuki Violin and Flute classes and Group Guitar classes
In addition, faculty and students participated in over 300 performances in the community. Last year, more than one quarter of RMS students took Music examinations, scoring Honours or better. Together they won many awards in competitions and festivals. The Richmond Music School is the Canadian Representative for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, London, England, UK. Richmond Music School is a Music School on the move! Busy and thriving, it keeps a tight focus on its primary goal to support music excellence in the Richmond community.