Did You Know… The Richmond Music School is the largest and oldest non-profit music school in Richmond, dedicated to high standards in teaching music in both private and class settings. It enjoys a leadership position throughout Greater Vancouver for its many student performances and innovative programs. Vigorous, innovative and expanding, the School has come a long way from its beginnings in 1980, teaching Suzuki and Orff classes. Currently we have over 350 students enrolled in our school.
Enrichment and unique opportunities include:
- student recitals and an awards competition
- The Children’s Chorus and the Youth Chorus
- an Ensemble concert featuring strings and multiple piano performances
- a Concerto Concert featuring student soloists performing with a professional orchestra
- a Meet the Stars Concert for award winning students
- a children’s Christmas Concert & Party with performances by the School’s youngest students
- an Open House with 200-plus students and faculty members performing in multiple recitals
- mock-examinations and master classes
- below-cost group violin classes, piano classes, guitar classes
- Children’s Orchestra and Youth Orchestra
In addition, faculty and students participated in over 350 performances in the community. Last year, more than one quarter of RMS students took Music examinations, scoring Honours or better. Together they won many awards in competitions and festivals. The Richmond Music School is the Canadian Representative for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, London, England, UK. Richmond Music School is a Music School on the move! Busy and thriving, it keeps a tight focus on its primary goal to support music excellence in the Richmond community.
Please call the Richmond Music School (604) 272-5227 or email email@example.com for more information!
On the Web:richmondmusicschool